people dont fucking realize how much words hurt
people don’t fucking realize that they can just turn off anon
and suddenly, vitriol drops a million fold.
0 sympathy if you won’t even turn off anon
Or get off the fucking internet
having anon on is not an open invitation for people to say awful things to you
neither is being on the internet
stop blaming victims plz
anonymity brings out the worst in people
psure this is rule one of the internet
if you can’t handle it don’t allow anonymity
that doesn’t justify it and it doesn’t make it the victim’s fault.
the anons are the people doing something wrong, not the people who have anon turned on.
“revealing/attractive clothes brings out the worst in men
if you can’t handle it don’t wear anything revealing or attractive”
this reactionary nonsense accepts harmful behavior as an inescapable reality and then gives up on trying to do anything about it.
the victim is never at fault. what they could have done to avoid being in the situation does not matter.
also please notice that not all of those messages are anonymous. one of them was on facebook where everything is mostly public. turning anon off does not magically shield anybody from bullying. ive seen people make new blogs just to send people who had anon turned off messages.
and here you go comparing anon hate to rape, i was waiting for this comparison
please refer to the part where i said “if there was a ‘immediately stop this rape and prevent all future rape from happening’ button i’m sure victims would press it”
also you’re kind of a scumbag for comparing the two
tell me all about how someone posting “your gay” on your facebook wall is comparable to rape
anon hate is not the same thing as rape. i was comparing the reasoning.
You are a prime example of why this shit keeps happening. You exacerbate and perpetuate hateful and dangerous attitudes, making the victim feel even worse by telling them, “turn off anon”. Fuck you. The anon feature is not an invitation for hateful messages.
right because i clearly inferred that it is!
if you’re receiving a lot of them and it’s affecting your mental well-being it’s common sense to turn them off and get on with your life
or i mean you can sit there and say “hey this isn’t my fault or my job to stop!!!” and let your mental state further deteriorate, w/e your call
No. And No. Turning off the anon is a simple band-aid solution for an open wound problem. You don’t turn off anon and suddenly everything goes away and gets better. Attitudes, such as YOURS need to stop. People who bully need to stop and people who are apologetic to bullies need to stop excusing them by blaming the victim. You may not think you’re blaming the victim, but when you say shit like, “turn of anon” what you are saying is that this is something that the victim can control. IT IS NOT. You cannot control someone else’s actions. You can control your own. And while turning off the anon may help per say, it doesn’t fix everything and make it all peachy keen. Again, BANDAID solution.
oh look i don’t even have to type a rebuttal because you did it for me
You know what? Unless and until you ever experience bullying, you’ll never know what it’s like. You’ll never know what it’s like to feel so isolated and unappreciated and lonely and alone. And if you think turning off anon is a simple fix, then you are sitting in a position of privilege and need to get your head out of your ass. This is real shit that happens to real people. By thinking there is a way that the victim of bullying can some how control it by turning off anon, you are, in fact, blaming the victim, which IS the same mentality as blaming a rape victim. Congrats, you’re making shit worse instead of better for victims.
- fuck-logic-im-a-unicorn reblogged this from 0xycotinsystem
- snicker21 likes this
- ifucckwiththestars reblogged this from worthless-suicidal-freak
- searchingfor-asign reblogged this from itsaadeathwish
- itsaadeathwish reblogged this from imsorryimfailure
- cant-stop-blushing reblogged this from dorasnotexploring
- dont-tellmetofightforyou reblogged this from imsorryimfailure
- theincredibleoswin reblogged this from hollister-cali
- broke-selection-of-atoms reblogged this from imsorryimfailure
- imsorryimfailure reblogged this from butterflyylarry
- butterflyylarry reblogged this from justanotherending
- pain-toomuch reblogged this from breakm3d0wn
- pain-toomuch likes this
- youre-a-wintergirl reblogged this from breakm3d0wn
- breakm3d0wn reblogged this from 0xycotinsystem
- breakm3d0wn likes this
- me-and-my-ana-ways reblogged this from depressed-bitch
- cookingwithhazza likes this
- directionerfromthestart reblogged this from haz-styler
- haz-styler reblogged this from 1dlittlebigthings
- haz-styler likes this
- justanotherending reblogged this from 0xycotinsystem
- eeveequeen likes this
- 0xycotinsystem reblogged this from infinity-and-beyond-sadness
- infinity-and-beyond-sadness reblogged this from m-athmatical
- w0rdsneverlast reblogged this from chees3-d0ritos
- lalamarea reblogged this from gallopintounited
- summer-time-sadnes reblogged this from sweets-and-suicide
- l0verofth3light reblogged this from justgirlythingsyoulove and added:
- umbrellasareforwimps reblogged this from undoubtedlyimperfect
- -batman-x3 reblogged this from thisonlyone
- -batman-x3 likes this
- violacc46 likes this
- dreamscanmove reblogged this from dorasnotexploring
- torturedhumanblaze reblogged this from tdi-noah
- torturedhumanblaze likes this
- ertainall likes this
- ennaeolhcairam reblogged this from danaellen
- rawr-internet-dinosaur reblogged this from aliceneongreen
- rawr-internet-dinosaur likes this
- sobeccable reblogged this from leprechaunsnandos
- sobeccable likes this
- doctorsherlock-music reblogged this from bluemaximumfourjayherondale
- addicted-to-the-feel reblogged this from we-screamed-take-us-now
- we-screamed-take-us-now reblogged this from mid-day-delusions
- cutie-akuma reblogged this from memolife
- memolife reblogged this from u-beat-me-in-neverland
- memolife likes this
- youaremyoneandonlywish reblogged this from mid-day-delusions
- mid-day-delusions reblogged this from toujoursbabe