I’ve been getting some great feedback from this, and I’m glad I could inspire some of you out there! (: I’m also getting some questions, so I’d like to clarify them in this post. I really encourage many of you to try this out - it can be life-changing if you put your mind to it!
The concept is very simple. Basically, every week, you would set yourself out to complete a realistic goal. It can be about anything, as long as the outcome is to help you be a better, happier person. You would tie a colored string (I use friendship bracelet strings) on your wrist, which will serve as your goal reminder and motivation. If you fail to complete your task, you must cut off the string. If you succeed, you would keep it on and tie on another string for another goal. You have to try your BEST to keep the strings on your wrist. They represent your victories, and you must win!
You can always make alterations to the rules. You can either extend your goal’s time frame to a month or shorten it to just a few days, depending on how hard or easy your task is.
I know for some of you, it may be difficult to follow through with a goal. That’s why loopholes are available. You may give yourself a day or two to slack off (it’s best not to), but you must try to redeem yourself afterward. For example, your goal may to be to sleep before 10PM for 5 days a week, but you accidentally forgot during the week. The next day, you should get yourself to sleep before 9PM.
This project is definitely better if you do it with people you care about. That way, you can motivate each other. I do this project with my little sisters, and we would check in every Friday to see if we’ve succeeded. We would also tie on the strings for each other to show our support. In a sense, I feel that I’m not only making a promise to myself but also a promise to my sisters.
It would also help if you blog about your progress. That way, you can look back at your week and see how far you’ve come. Who knows, you may also inspire your friends to join you!
Just remember that you are doing this for yourself, and even though some weeks may seem impossible, YOU CAN DO IT. It’s all in your mind and attitude. After doing this for a few weeks already, I feel pretty invincible. Anything that I set my mind to, I will do it!
You want to have so many strings on your wrist that random strangers will stop and ask you about them. Then, you can tell them about your journey, point out to each hurdle that you’ve successfully jumped over, and inspire them to start changing their lives too.
If you’re going to start the string project, know that you’re doing this with me and with others as well. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. We’ll do this together. GOOD LUCK! (:
- dark-challenger likes this
- cindoor reblogged this from x3haha
- hi-imolivia likes this
- sweetjanexo reblogged this from x3haha and added:
- lovelyshadeofwhite likes this
- katieisafreelf likes this
- tynnhhii likes this
- mayonnaise-isnt-an-instrument reblogged this from x3haha
- mayonnaise-isnt-an-instrument likes this
- theappleoferis likes this
- irenesthoughtss reblogged this from x3haha and added:
- irenesthoughtss likes this
- itsharleyjean reblogged this from x3haha
- purfect-ot5 likes this
- ifeelyoufeelme likes this
- kidolobsession likes this
- saymynameibetyoucant likes this
- pixu-kun likes this
- lalalaloveelle likes this
- purplebathtub likes this
- sozillathedinosora likes this
- k-poploveartsanpuc101 likes this
- longlivethestarryskies likes this
- aiukli likes this
- wandering-river-song reblogged this from x3haha
- lovecanhealbrokensouls likes this
- gegeegypt4ever likes this
- unfoldedpromise likes this
- caro-syrupp reblogged this from helenxiaojie
- helenxiaojie reblogged this from x3haha
- fulloframen likes this
- finnthesheep reblogged this from x3haha
- whateverbrainless likes this
- to-turo likes this
- chocopanderssayhello reblogged this from x3haha and added:
- charleedae reblogged this from x3haha and added:
- charleedae likes this
- derpy-darlene likes this
- theoryofme likes this
- lecandacee likes this
- kate-of-being likes this
- xjasmineely likes this
- cbrizzie likes this
- lindseylouplusyou reblogged this from x3haha
- dinklebergresidence likes this
- alwaysroonilwazlib likes this
- chris-cariaga likes this
- wtfckbianca likes this